We welcome your questions, feedback and requests.
Mail: Nellie Mae Boutique, 207 Frankfort Ave., Sheffield, AL 35660
- Information We Collect
- Why We Collect Your Information
- Sharing Your Information
- Cookies and Pixel Tags
- Your Choices
- Privacy of Children
- Links to Other Websites
- Information Security
- Policy Changes
1. Information We Collect
To help us personalize and improve your Nellie Mae Boutique experience, we collect certain information when you connect with us, including when you:
Place an order, create an account on our website, shop at our store, subscribe to Nellie Mae Boutique promotional emails, apply for a job, enter a promotion or contest, join our mailing list, take a survey, and contact customer service.
Information you choose to provide may include:
- Mailing and/or street address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Payment information
- Date of birth
- Information about gift recipients (if sending an order to someone other than yourself)
- Records of our correspondence if you contact us.
- Additionally, when you visit our website, we automatically receive certain information from cookies and pixel tags, including:
- Internet protocol (IP) address
- Browsing history
- Purchase history
- Device location.
- For more information, please see the Cookies and Pixel Tags section.
To provide you with the best possible experience and ensure our information is accurate, we may combine the details you share and the details we receive when you visit us online with data that is made available by third parties. Examples may include address, demographics, preferences, and other information from our credit card issuer and data partners.
For E.U. Residents Only: We will only collect additional information via cookies and other online tools if you agree to its collection, and sharing this information requires your consent.
2. Why We Collect Your Information
It’s necessary for us to collect certain information to allow you to place orders and enjoy many Nellie Mae Boutique features and services including:
- Order status updates & tracking
- Reserving products at a store
- Writing product reviews
- Saving your purchase history
- Receiving information about products you’ve purchased (for example, in the case of a recall)
- Registering for promotions and give-a-ways
- Managing your online account (such as saving your wish list)
- Receiving catalogs, promotional emails, and notifications of upcoming events
- Viewing advertisements that may be of interest to you
- We also use this information to continually improve your experiences, from making our website easier to use to enhancing our products and customer service.
3. Sharing Your Information
Some of our services require us to share your information with other companies, who we partner with closely to ensure your privacy stays protected. These services include:
- Name and address verification
- Email distribution
- Surveys & market research
- Advertising & promotions
- Fraud protection & investigation
- Advertising on third party platforms (which may combine the information we share with information already in their possession, and offer you choices about which ads you see). These third parties have privacy policies of their own that apply to your use of their platforms.
- Partnering with third-party vendors such as Google Analytics to understand what content, experiences, and promotions are most relevant to you. To learn about how Google Analytics collects and processes data, click here.
- Sharing your information with other companies, via cooperative database, whose products or services may be of interest to you. Pursuant to the California Shine the Light law, if you do not want your personal information shared with other companies for marketing purposes, you may opt-out by contacting us.
- Shipping internationally.
- There are other rare occasions when we may be required to share specific information:
Upon the government’s request, in response to a court order, when we have a good faith belief that we are required to do so by law, or where otherwise permitted by law.
In connection with any merger, financing, acquisition, or dissolution transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our company or assets. If another company acquires our company or assets, that company may possess the personal information collected by us and will assume the consents and responsibilities regarding your personal information.
4. Cookies and Pixel Tags
We gather information about how visitors navigate and use our website to deliver more personalized experiences, using "cookies" and other tools such as "pixels tags."
A cookie is a small data file stored by your web browser on your computer. Session cookies are erased when you close the web browser or browser tab. Persistent cookies remain on your hard drive until they expire or are deleted.
Some cookies are necessary for our website to work properly and enable you to place an item in your online shopping bag and to place an order on our web site. Other cookies allow us to enhance and personalize your online shopping experience.
Here are some examples of what cookies allow us to do:
- Remember what items are in your shopping bag
- Recognize you when you return to our website
- Enable faster checkout if you have created an account at llbean.com
- Understand how you reach our website and which products you’re looking for
- Learn whether you opened an email from Nellie Mae Boutique
- Deliver personalized marketing from Nellie Mae Boutique
- Apply the preferences you’ve chosen.
- If you set your browser to refuse all cookies, please contact us directly to place your order.
We use pixel tags – a short snippet of code – to tell us how you use our website and help us share the products and content you’re most interested in. Pixel tags also enable us to send you email in a format you can read and let us know when you have opened an email message from us.
We also contract with other companies to publish Nellie Mae Boutique ads across the internet. These companies collect information about your visits to our website and share advertisements for products you’re most likely to be interested in. These targeted advertisements may appear on other sites that you visit. This information is collected using a cookie or pixel tag – technology used by most websites.
For E.U. Residents Only: If you are a European Union resident, we only use non-essential cookies and pixel tags (ex. to enhance and personalized your experience) when you opt-in to allow for their use. However, some essential cookies are necessary for our website to function properly and will remain in use even if you do not opt-in to our use of non-essential cookies.
5. Your Choices
Whenever possible, we are happy to honor changes or preferences you may have regarding your information including:
Updating Your Information: You can update your name, address, telephone number, or email address through My Account or by contacting us. To protect your privacy, we will confirm your identity before updating or reviewing your information.
Nellie Mae Boutique Catalogs: You may change your catalog preferences through My Account or by contacting us. Because catalogs are planned in advance, you may still receive mailings while we process your request.
Nellie Mae Boutique Emails: You may unsubscribe from our promotional emails using the link provided at the bottom of each email, through My Account, or by contacting us. Because emails are planned in advance, you may still receive mailings while we process your request. To serve you best, you’ll continue to receive important emails about recent transactions, including orders and returns, even if you choose not to receive promotional emails.
Personalized Advertising: To opt-out of direct online personalized advertising from Nellie Mae Boutique, [click here]. If you choose to opt-out, you may still see advertisements on the internet from Nellie Mae Boutique that are not related to your personal information.
6. Privacy of Children
We’re committed to protecting the rights of children. Our website is not intended for use by children, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 16. If you believe that a child younger than 16 has provided personal information to us, please contact us so we can help.
7. Links to Other Websites
Occasionally we link to other websites, including nonprofits that we support. These sites have their own privacy and security policies. If you choose to navigate to another website through our links, we encourage you to review their policies.
8. Information Security
We care greatly about the security of your information and are committed to protecting it against loss, misuse, or unauthorized access. We do this using a variety of the best Information Security technologies and processes. For example, we use encryption or hashing when receiving or transmitting your information. Read more about our security practices.
We also encourage you to practice general internet safety guidelines, such as choosing a strong password for your llbean.com account, changing your password frequently, and signing out of your account when you are finished. Please note that Nellie Mae Boutique will never ask for your credit card information over email.
9. Policy Changes